23 February 2011

Spring Holiday in Malaysia [Part II]

Been back in Malaysia for second week, so far did quite a lot of things, part of the highlights would be almost-non-stop feasting on glorious food thanks to Chinese New Year open houses.

As usual this will be image-intensive post, so please bear with me. :)

During the 15th day of Chinese New Year, went to Thean Hou Temple (天后宫) to celebrate the ending of a year's Chinese New Year celebration, which in Chinese we call it "元宵节".

It's been 2 years since my last visit here, for the same occasion as well.
IMG_7837

Was lucky able to feast on some traditional Chinese Hainanese cuisine, especially the steam chicken that I like very much.
IMG_7829

Absolutely love the red lanterns.
IMG_7846

IMG_7865

IMG_7885_stitch

IMG_7928

IMG_7904

IMG_7954_stitch

Panorama of the night. (larger view)
IMG_7956_stitch

I think it was last Tuesday when a bunch of good mates came to my place and we hanged out together at One Utama. First time there and was in awe with the build-up area of it, simply one of the largest shopping malls I've ever visited!
Any Japanese coming here would be shocked of the scale of the shopping mall as well I presume. :P

Lunch was at Italiannies. The fried cod fish wasn't that bad, but for guys the portion is definitely not enough hah.
IMG_2340

Later we crashed in Gerard's house at Damansara. Heard he had quite serious accident just a week before and surprised to see him with just a bit scratches considering the entire car was totaled.
IMG_2345

Still yet to meet with some other friends. Thinking of having gathering somewhere, will look into it....

Yamcha with Jason while handing over his orders of Starbucks tumblers. Thanks for the treat at Old Town!
IMG_2393

Dim sum dinner at a popular restaurant at Puchong.
IMG_2348

Strictly non-hahal. Roast pork and char siew!
IMG_2346

Fat Rabbit.
IMG_2402

Dined at this Di Wei restaurant.
IMG_2406

This could be the ride of your life for just RM 12! Empire Gallery Subang Jaya.
IMG_7980_stitch

Revisiting the old house at Wangsa Melawati. Now it's barely recognisable.
IMG_7999

Can't believe this was the living room I'm so used to, had been extended beyond the study room!
IMG_7996

Even the rear has been utilized close to the maximum limit. The upper-right window was where I've been sleeping for the past 20 years. :3
IMG_8003

Finally.... after getting Starbucks tumblers for others, I've got this for myself.
Many said the design is too dull. I've to agree but well, it's not that I plan to use it in KL. :P
IMG_2418

No comments:

Post a Comment