01 January 2009

Joe Hisaishi - "Kimi wo Nosete"

This song is from "Laputa: Castle In The Sky" anime, directed by none other than Hayao Miyazaki of Ghibli Studio, the animation mastermind.

僕らをのせて


This song is one of the songs that makes me take notice of Joe Hisaishi's music. This song left a lasting impression in my mind after watching the anime with my sis when I'm still in primary school. That was like, 10 years ago!

This version of the song is recorded in Budokan, Tokyo (東京武道館) sometime in Aug 2008. As you can see from the video, this isn't any ordinary orchestra, it's also consist of different groups or bands of musicians, from high school band, children choir, to the full fetch of marching band as well as the overwhelming choir group.....

One word to describe it: GRANDE!
(purposely put it as "grande" as I think "grand" the word is not enough to describe the grandness lol.)

It's great that I managed to found out the greatness of Joe Hisaishi's music as I venture into the net deeper. Thanks to Youtube, now I can watch countless of musical performances by the great man and other artists, for FREE!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment