27 February 2005

Nike "Play To Win" football vending machine

Message was originally posted in SixthSeal.com. Credit to HuaiBin, the owner of SixthSeal.com



I have to say, this is the first time I've ever seen a football vending machine...this is the Nike "Play To Win" football vending machine in front of Sungei Wang Plaza. I've seen the Nike commercials on TV - the Play To Win series of ads. The most memorable one was the forest scene with a guy playing solo football (or soccer, if you like) where he scores and the wind going through the tree leaves sounds like stadium applause and it ends with the tagline - "Play To Win".


nike football vending machine RM45

These are the exact same footballs from that commercial. It's the Nike Total 90 Swift soccer ball series and the vending machine has about 20 of the footballs going for RM 45 each. There's a slot for inserting RM 1 to RM 10 denominations and presumably, a football will drop down from the vending machine into the flip up receptacle at the bottom. I didn't have a spare RM 45 to find out, but I would project that as the likely scenario, since it's a vending machine.


Message above was posted by HuaiBin @ SixthSeal.com.



Wow.... first time saw such special vending machine in KL. Heh, I wish I could try out that machine. Adding one more football to my collection arent a bad idea. ;)
RM45 is quite a reasonable price for a FIFA-approved football.
I wish they could put in such vending machines in other popular places such as KLCC. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment