10 March 2010

First Walk Down Kawagoe

Morning woke up around 8am awaken by the alarm to had my breakfast. One thing I don't really like is the breakfast provided only last til 830am only, so gonna wake up earlier eventhough I'm reluctant to do so.

So today's the 2nd day I'm here in the new place. First thing I'd do is to make changes on my alien registration card (外国人登録証). Yeah weird name I know.

Kawagoe City Council (川越市役所). Took around 20 mins by bicycle to reach.
IMG_0871

The foreigner's department.
IMG_0872

The process was done rather quickly without any much hassle. Briefly met a Nepalese student over there who's studying in a Japanese language school nearby.

Next stop, post office to make address changes on the account. Noticed the traditional design?
IMG_0874

I was actually at the main street of the Koedo Machi (小江戸町), one of Kawagoe's famous attraction.
IMG_0876_stitch

IMG_0879

Not many shops open, as I guess the bad weather and weekdays doesn't help the business much.
IMG_0880

Landmark clock tower of Koedo
IMG_0882
IMG_0883_stitch
IMG_0891

These traditional shophouse reminded me of the Chinese traditional shophouses in Malaysia too, like in Penang.
IMG_0894_stitch

Traditional shophouse pops out in the middle of urban settings.
IMG_0905

As I ride down from the Koedo-machi to the urban city street of Kawagoe, the scene immediately reminds me that I'm still in the modern age lol.

Interesting vending machine which takes the design of a train.
IMG_0908

Today's lunch, Tsukemen. Nothing much to write down, Tetsu's still the best.
IMG_0910

Since I'm in Kawagoe city, decided to ride to the university' Kawagoe campus to ask about something.

On the way, spotted this Kawagoe hot spring.
IMG_0912

University's entrance. Next time I'll try to take photo capturing the entire building.
IMG_0913_stitch

To the left is the cafeteria. Center is the main hall. To the right is lecture and class block where I sit for my university entrance exam last year.
IMG_0917_stitch

Seems that the info I wanted will be send over by next week, so for now I'll just wait for it.

Following are shots on the way back to my place.

Proton Wira!
IMG_0924

Snowy field.
IMG_0926_stitch

Roses in the garden~
IMG_0929

Early-bloom sakura!
IMG_0933

Lastly, the field covered with snow.
IMG_0936

I was actually lost when I'm going back from the university. Kinda crazy if I were to pass-by the highway with cars zooming around and the narrow roads.

That's all for now. Tomorrow I should be going to the immigration to settle visa stuffs. It's located at the city of Saitama.

'til then....

No comments:

Post a Comment