15 May 2014

Purchasing another Dell computer

[UPDATE] 26 May 2014
Due to lack of parts on Dell's factory, the order has been cancelled.... orz

----------------

Over the past few years I had purchased 2 units of Dell laptops, namely the Inspiron 1420 on Dec 2007 & Studio 15 on March 2009.

I've decided to write about this recent purchase as I realized that I've been recording down every single purchase since then.... This time, however, is for the family's use.

Family has been using the old Inspiron 1420, which almost clocked 7 years and being an aged computer, it's slow to the point that it test one's patience with computer.

The spiritual successor, Inspiron 14.

Geek data...
  • 3rd Generation Intel Core i3-3217U processor 1.8 GHz
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 500GB HDD
  • Windows 8.1
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • 3 years support 
  • Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
  • Cost: RM 2,074
Since the family don't really use it intensely (like games), so this setup is pretty decent I think. Hopefully it will last for a few solid years to come.

Well since I don't think I would be around that often, so getting a 3 years support option for RM 200 is pretty good deal, as previously I had decent experience when it comes to Dell's tech support. Recommended for folks who aren't that familiar to troubleshoot computer problems.

Besides, it could be a bit of struggle for folks to get used to Windows 8, switching from Vista. It would be a new experience for me as well as I haven't really get hold of a Windows 8 machine up until now.

Estimated date of delivery..... hopefully it can be delivered before I'm flying back to Japan.

Would like to hear if your experience of using Windows 8 computer, so feel free to comment. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment