17 March 2010

Kitain Kawagoe, and visiting a friend

Another glorious day I had yesterday, a rather productive ones as not only I've covered one of the main landmarks around Kawagoe, I'm also able to visit a friend who'd just moved to a nearby city.

As usual my best companion is the geared bicycle which is very useful getting uphill.

One of the main crossroad junction towards the city of Kawagoe.
IMG_1237

A little complicated junction, dunno which route to choose.
IMG_1238

Took a route I haven't tried before, which goes downhill for an exciting ride and some interesting stuffs along the road.

These yellow flowers reminded that spring is on it's way!
IMG_1239

Abandoned petrol station.
IMG_1240

Spotted a random temple. It's quite huge and surrounded by residences.
IMG_1241

Saw this familiar Kappa sushi restaurant from some distance away. It's been awhile since I had sushi, mmm.....
IMG_1242

Trying out some cuttlefishes (ika) and first time trying sayori (Japanese half-beak).
IMG_1243

Had 11 plates of sushi and the good news is each plate just cost 90 yen (tax included) on weekdays so it's just below 1k yen mark.

The main attraction of the day, Kitain (喜多院)!
IMG_1247

Tourist map.
IMG_1246
IMG_1279

The trees are still balding, but I'm pretty sure these spots would look great in few weeks time!
IMG_1249
IMG_1266

Lots of traditional structures gathered together in one place, something almost non-existence in Tokyo (the only one I could remember is Asakusa).
IMG_1254
IMG_1255
IMG_1265

Part of 500 Rokan statues (五百羅漢像), took this shot from the outside as entrance fee is needed.
IMG_1251
IMG_1252

Playing around to enrich the colours again.
IMG_1259IMG_1259

IMG_1260
IMG_1260

Noticed these roof tiles with a motif inside the temples compound.
IMG_1270

Later I've found out that this is the emblem/crest of the Tokugawa clan.
IMG_1269
IMG_1284

A rather unusual place to practise panoramic picture. In case you're not certain, this is a cemetery, heh. Japanese tombs doesn't gave the spooky impression like in other places.
IMG_1275_stitch

The main plaza. I'm quite sure that in few weeks time I'll be coming back here again to take more pics.
IMG_1284_stitch

Was quite surprised to see this stoneplate carved with alphabets.
IMG_1291

Illustration on how the temple plaza looks like centuries ago. Best to appreciate the picture with full size.
IMG_1294

Allow me to introduce one of the life-savers and great invention of mankind, the compass!
IMG_1292

The day's adventure was limited to just a spot as I've promised to visit a friend who'd just moved to a nearby city the other day.

Danielle, a classmate of mine just moved to Higashi-Tokorozawa (東所沢) which is like 30 mins train ride from my place.
IMG_1297

Was lucky to able to get to her place just on the given address and referring to the map above.
As you can see, it's loaded with unsettled luggages and boxes but that's how a newly moved-in room looks like. It's much better than when I moved in to my place last week (pic).
IMG_1303

While we decided to walk to the station to get our dinner, paused awhile and try to take pic of the sky. Obviously I've failed but this could be remedied with the help of a tripod.
IMG_1306

Stop by the Chinese restaurant chain Bamiyan with Danielle checking the part-time's job offer.
IMG_1310

Dinner at Gusto. My cheese-in-hamburg dish.
IMG_1311

Danielle's Korean platter thingy. Tasted not bad.
IMG_1312

Back at my hostel around 10pm and had another round of dinner. Curry rice with seafood salad and fruit pudding.
IMG_1313

Lastly, a few souvenirs I got for my friends from Kitain.
IMG_1315

Well that's all for yesterday's post up.

Today I'm grounded in my room to have enough rest after going out continuously for days.

Tomorrow might be going to Saitama city again to collect my new student visa. It's being processed pretty fast as I applied for it last week.

5 comments:

  1. Wow.. you should show me more photos of Danielle's new room ^^

    The kitain is very beautifull... Think I should start find out the famous spot around Kanagawa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah I've took some pics but didnt put it here as dun wanna leak out too much.
    gogogo! there must be somewhere interesting in Kanagawa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!! You actually got a compass with you!!!
    And Danielle lives in Leo Palace, doesn't she?
    Does her place have loft too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep she's staying in Leo Palace. the loft? u mean the bed? yea got, upper side there.

    compass is a must! XD

    ReplyDelete