- What goals do I have for this blog? Are they being met? Am I getting closer to meeting them?
- Am I Interested in the Topic?
- Am I getting personal satisfaction from posting?
- How Many Posts Did I write in the Last Month?
- Do I have time to keep the blog running?
- Is anyone reading my blog?
- Have I given it enough time?
- Do I still see myself writing on this blog in 18 months time?
- Is the niche growing or dying?
- Is the blog earning anything?
- Is the blog growing my profile and perceived expertise?
- Are there any other benefits from this blog?
- Is the blog giving energy to or taking energy away from me?
Sometimes after having lots of things happened in one day, and you have to write it on the spot, when you finish you basically just too tired to do anything else.
- Is the Blog’s traffic and income growing or shrinking?
- Are readers engaging with the content?
- If readers are commenting - what are they saying?
- What are other bloggers writing about my blog?
- Do I have anything original and useful to say on my topic?
- What else could I do with the time that I spend on this blog
- What would the impact be of me not blogging? (on readers and me)
Well for me, the impact can be pretty nasty. I have put in a lot of effort and time in this blog, to able to maintain it since it's started in Nov 2004 until now isn't easy. Close to 4 years already, it's part of my life already.
Many things about my past is written in this blog, so if this blog is ruined *touchwood* or whatever, there'll be basically an empty gap in my memory, connecting myself before high-school and college-life (for now).
This blog is like a pensieve, like the one Albus Dumbledore used in Harry Potter universe. :)