09 September 2011

Summer 2011 Part V: Home Sweet Home Malaysia

Haven't been updating lately due to many things going on around here. Anyway, it's always great to be back here in Malaysia, slowly picking up what I've left behind over the years. Meeting with friends again is a real morale booster to keep myself motivated to continue with my journey in Japan.

As for this post, it'll mainly focus on what I've been doing/eating/going for the past few weeks.

Let's start off with the Hibiscus flowers at home. The end of August marks the nation's Independence Day, thus the flag. In case you don't know, the Hibiscus is the national flower of Malaysia.
IMG_4197

Not very healthy but one of the best drinks in Malaysia, introducing teh tarik!
It's basically Ceylon tea mixed with thick sweetening condensed milk.
IMG_4200

Visiting the Pasar Ramadhan near my place. Absolutely love it when some of the best Malaysian cuisines are available closeby and yet affordable.
IMG_4203

Was at The Mines. Uniquely designed shopping mall that a stream passes through the center of the mall.
IMG_4212

One particular day I went back to Wangsa Maju again to do some "sight-seeing". Somehow I felt like whenever I came back here I must visit this place at least once. After all, this is where I grew up and where many of my friends are concentrated in.

Stopping-by at the newly-opened Sri Rampai LRT station. It's just about 15 mins walk from my old house but unfortunately I won't be using this station that often.
IMG_4214

Just beside the LRT station is Wangsa Walk, also opened once I'm not longer staying there arghh.... But my friends who're still staying around aren't that keen on the mall.
IMG_4217

The familiar neighbourhood~ :)
IMG_4220
IMG_4221

The playgrounds.
IMG_4219
IMG_4231

So.... this is how the old house had transformed. Though no longer our possession, but still kinda nostalgic visiting the good ol' place from time to time.
IMG_4232

Had one of my favourite lunch with friends before going to the next destination.
IMG_4235

Another round of food lol.
IMG_4238

Mixed rice below LRT Wangsa Maju station, also my favourite choice for dinner~
IMG_4239

:)
IMG_4241

On the day of Hari Raya (30 Aug), went to Hilmi's house for open house. It's been a few years since I last visited his place, a good chance to meet up with lots of friends.

It's a traditional for the Malays to visit the graveside to pay respect to the deceased family members before going on celebrating the festive season.
IMG_4244

The host! Hilmi da boss!
IMG_4247

Glorious home-cook feast!
IMG_4245

After finishing the feast, left with a few friends and went to meet another friend at KLCC.

Hari Raya deco at the atrium of KLCC.
IMG_4256

Chilling at KLCC level 3's Starbucks. :D
IMG_4248

The friends!

Pei Yin, studying Chinese-teaching at Shanghai.
IMG_4249

Kai Hong, mixing chemical solutions is his job.
IMG_4251

Chin Wei, money talks with accounting.
IMG_4252

Chia May, the pretty architecture student apprentice.
IMG_4253

Meeting with another friend at Pavilion another day.
Tokyo Street is now opened at the top floor of Pavilion.... which is not new anymore. Was launched sometime in July if not mistaken.
IMG_4260

Seafood platter at Pavilion's Manhattan Fish Market. Always wanted to try it and finally yeah!! It's nice to have your seafood cooked instead of being served raw such as sushi. :)
IMG_4265

Another hype in the town, Snowflakes! Basically it's some sort of ice dessert from Taiwan.
IMG_4266

Started one Saturday morning as early as 7am to goto Klang to have Bak Kut Teh for breakfast!
IMG_4267
IMG_4268

Last but not least, paying visit to Tun Mahathir's Raya open house. If not mistaken this is my 3rd time here. 2004 and 2008.
IMG_4269

Makan~~ (eat)
IMG_4270

Tun Mahathir's house, blocked by canopies used for the open house.
IMG_4272

Random note: Tun Mahathir's an avid car fan. A few cars spotted there are Porsche Cayenne Turbo S with the carplate MM 1; a few Proton Perdana Executives, and the one and only Nissan Cima/President I've spotted in Malayisia.

Alright then I guess that's all for the first round of photoblog back in Malaysia. Will look into more time if I can update more here.
'til then.


P/S: Less than 2 weeks staying in Malaysia... :((((

No comments:

Post a Comment