24 December 2009

Re-Tag: Questions Regarding Music

Spotted this tag about music while browsing through some old archives few days ago. Decided to give myself another try to see how much my musical taste had changed compare to bout 5 years ago.


Questions regarding music.

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

2005: It shows 6.54 GB of space being used for media files in my WMP 10 Library section.
2009: Not sure how many GBs, but WMP 11's library shows more than 5000 items, worth more than 340 hours (roughly 2 weeks time) of songs.

2. The CD you last bought?

2005: MegaDance Hits 1990-2000. I got that at Carrefour, just a few days after I get my PMR result. Lots of nice song.
2009: Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed A Dream".
IMG_5594

3. What was the last song you listened to before reading this message?

2005: Well, I'm listening to MLTR's "Take Me To Your Heart" while answering this question.
2009: Sadeness, Part 1 by Enigma.

4. Write down five songs that you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

2005: Hmm..... this question is a tricky one. I thinkz I'll only list out the 5 fav songs from Maksim..... 'coz the rest it'll be cracking my head to think of it. :(

Croatian Rhapsody
That's the reason why I like Maksim very much. I didnt really notice this song when KY burnt a CD for me, including this track by Maksim. When I listen the whole CD, I end up addicted in this wonderful music. There's no doubt if one day Croatia is planning to replace their national anthem with Croatian Rhapsody. :D

Kolibre
The main single of Variations. I love this more tha I love Maksim's notable "Flight Of The Bumble Bee". Kolibre is a fast pace song, quite similiar to FotB. I'm amaze when I watch the MV of Kolibre. Maksim's hands are like ghostly hand hitting on every notes without any mistakes, and he do it in high speed!!

Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini
A long song though. Firstly I dont like this song. But after I watch it's MV in his PREMIERE Performance DVD in Round House, London 2003, I started to love this one. It starts with a joking-like tune, followed by an amazing piano tricks by Maksim himself. The song lasted for about 10 mins, and the song ends with a sudden grand finale. The song was totally down at the end of the track, then suddently the whole song risen up with a quick pace and then, it ends with a simple touch.

Totentanz
Maksim call this song as his fav in Variations. The name "Totentanz" can be translated into "Dance of Macabre" or "Dance of Death". This song is a haunted song when I first listen to it, but soon I started to like this song. I dunno why but I'd like it. :D

Cubana
One of the major pieces in The Piano Player. This piece is a lively one, it's totally different than any other music performed by Maksim. I'm starting to become lively once I listen to this song.


2009: My musical tastebud changed dramatically in these few years time, no longer stuck with Maksim only.

Joe Hisaishi "Asian Dream Song" [watch]
A powerful song to evoke certain emotion in me, the feeling to push forward and live life positively. I think I'm inclined towards this song due to it's Oriental-flavour, which my heritage hails from.

Yanni "Nightingale" [watch]
I would describe this song as a wonderful discovery. I somewhat got it many years back dated as far as 2003, but I didn't know the name of the song as it's just merely tagged as "Yanni - Meditation".
A smoothing piece with the genius touch of blending Western instruments in Asian tune, I would say this one of the best masterpiece Yanni had ever composed, simply stunning!
[Link]

Hans Zimmer "Drink Up Me Hearties"
Absolutely love this upbeat tune, the theme of The Pirates of The Caribbean. Witty and lively, reminds me of the character Jack Sparrow which I adore. I only watch the movie after I heard this song, so-called "reverse engineering" heh. To conclude it, this is the song you'll need if you thinking of boosting ur mood.
[Link]

Howard Shore "Concerning Hobbits" [watch]
One of the themes from Lord Of The Rings. Wasn't aware of this song until I heard from the OST. A lively and relaxing tune, always love to chill out listening to this song, setting the imagination of Hobbit's life in the Shire.
[link]

Des'ree "You Gotta Be" [watch]
There are times when I'm down, feeling upset, I'd play this song to ease off the feelings a little. The lyric is meaningful to cheer me up, reminds myself that life isn't permanent so the best is to enjoy every moment! :)
[link]


Heh, it's interesting to see that my choice of music changed quite abit, but nevertheless I still prefer instrumental music to vocals. But that doesn't mean that I don't listen to vocals (song with people singing) at all, I do listen to a few nice ones quite often.

Might be digging out some old tags again and redo it, to compare how I've been doing so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment