18 November 2006

English tips 1

I've got to thank Patrick for this useful tips for English.

I before E, except after C
The letter I always comes before the letter E, only if there is the letter C, then E comes first, followed by I
eg: bel ie ve, rec ei ve, repl ie d

As you can see, sometimes I misspell words while writing this blog. I always confuse myself with the example above, one of my weakness in English....

You know, in real exam there's no spelling checker like we've on the Net, so this kind of errors will cost valuable marks. Thankfully got this tips before nxt week's Eng paper.... Heheh.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I WOULD NEVER REALIZE THIS AT ALL! ALL THE BEST TO YOU! AND I'M STEALING THIS FROM YOU, IF YOU DON'T MIND!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_before_e_except_after_c

    ReplyDelete