28 April 2005

The goddess behind Detective Conan

If it isnt her voice, I doubt I'll like the Detective Conan movie.

The "goddess" I'm talking about is Kuraki Mai, a pop singer from Jpn.

Her two songs, "Time After Time" and "Secret of My Heart", are my fav.
"Time After Time" was the ending music for Detective Conan's 7th movie, released in 2003.
"Secret of My Heart" was the ending music for Detective Conan's TV series for a few epsidoes.

Music stream:
"Time After Time"
"Secret of My Heart"

Lyrics for "Time After Time"


(Japanese)

moshi mo kimi ni meguriaetara
nido to kimi no te o hanasanai
haru no owari o tsugeru hana midou
kasumu hana hitohira



If I had been able to meet you
I wouldn't have let go of you ever again
The hanamidou [1]
Tells of the end of spring
One petal from this misty flower...

yomigaeru omoide no uta
kono mune ni ima mo yasashiku



And an old song floats back
Gently, even now, into my heart

Time After Time
kimi to deatta kiseki
yuruyakana kaze fuku machi de
sotto te o tsunagi aruita sakamichi
ima mo wasurenai yakusoku

---------------------

(English)

Time after time
The miracle of meeting you
In a city where the wind whispered through
We walked a path through the hills hand in hand
And made an unforgettable promise

kaze ni kimi no koe ga kikoeru
usurai sae kaeru tooi kioku
kizutsuku kowasa oshirazu chikatta
itsuka mata kono basho de



I can hear your voice in the wind
The thin ice freezes back over [2]
Long ago memories
Not knowing to be afraid of hurt, I swore
That someday, we'd meet again

meguriaou usu beniiro no
kisetsu ga kuru hi ni egao de



Here, in a season of pale crimson
With smiles on our faces

Time After Time
hitori hana mau machi de
chirazaru toki wa modoranai kedo
ano hi to onaji kawaranai keshiki ni
namida hirari matte ita yo



Time after time
Alone in the city of whirling blossoms
Can't return to when things were fine [3]
In this very same place, just like on that day
With my face strewn with tears, I waited for you

kaze mau hanabira ga minamo o naderu you ni
taisetsu ni omou hodo setsunaku...



Those petals fly in the whirling wind
As if stroking the water's surface
In my anguish, I treasure each and every one...

hito wa mina kodoku to iu keredo
sagasazu ni wa irarenai dare ka o
hakanaku koware yasui mono bakari
oimotomete shimau



Everyone says that they're lonely
That they have to keep searching
For someone
But all they end up chasing after
Are the fleeting and fragile

Time After Time
kimi to irozuku machi de
deaetara mou yakusoku wa iranai
dare yorimo zutto kizutsuki yasui kimi no
soba ni itai kondo wa kitto



Time after time
If I could have met you in the city of changing hues
I wouldn't need any more promises
More than anyone else
You are so easy to hurt
I want to be with you--this time, forever.


Lyrics for Secret of My Heart


donna kotoba ni kaete kimi ni tsutaerareru darou
arekara ikutsumo no kisetsu ga
toorisugita keredo itsumo soba de waratteru
watashi nimo ienai koto ga mada hitotsu dake aru



if I were to change the words I say to you, do you suppose they would reach you?
since that time, many seasons have passed
but even though I always smiled at your side
there is still one thing I can't say

Secret of my heart utagattemo nai ne
itsu datte sukoshi no mirai ga areba
shinjitsu wa te ni irerareru hazu
I can't say mou sukoshi dake
I'm waiting for a chance



Secret of my Heart, I have no doubt
if there will ever be a little bit of tomorrow
the truth ought to be placed in our hands
I can't say, just a little more
I'm waiting for a chance

konna odayaka na toki motto tsunagatteitai
subete o miseru no ga kowakute
sukoshi hanarete aruku kimi no yokogao ga nazeka
kowaresou de mamoritai motto chikazukitai yo



in this peaceful time, I want to connect a little more
I'm afraid to show you my soul [1]
for a while, I walk apart from you, but why is it that your face [2]
looks about to break? I want to protect you, I want to be close to you

Secret of my heart wakattekureru yo ne
dare datte nigetai toki mo aru kedo
soredake ja nanimo hajimaranai
I can't say kitto kanarazu
I'm calling for a chance



Secret of my Heart, you understand, right?
everyone feels like they want to escape sometimes
but if that's all we do, then nothing can begin
I can't say, but surely, absolutely
I'm calling for a chance

Can I tell the truth?
sono kotoba iezu karamawari suru kuchibiru ni
Feel in my heart kakusenai kore ijou
'Cause I love you



Can I tell the truth?
these words I cannot speak hover around my lips
Feel in my Heart, I just can't hide any more than this,
'Cause I love you...

I will be with you
Wherever you are
Can you feel my heart?
Can you feel my heart?



I will be with you
wherever you are
Can you feel my Heart?
Can you feel my Heart?

Can't you see, you're my dream ushinaitakunai yo
taisetsu na kimi to sugosu kono jikan
akirameru kurai nara shinjite
I just wanna say mou mayowanai



Can't you see you're my Dream? I can't bear to lose
this precious time I have spent with you
when you feel ready to give up, just believe
I just wanna say, I'm not lost anymore

Can't you see, you're my dream donna tsukurimono mo
kantan ni kowareteshimau hi ga kuru
dakedo mata itsumademo kawaranai
Secret of my heart Our future is forever



Can't you see you're my Dream? [3] there will come a day
when all the lies will easily be broken apart
and yet, things will never change [4]
Secret of my Heart, Our future is forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment